Michigan’s Attorney General Mike Cox has fired his Assistant Attorney General Andrew Shirvell for lying to investigators during a disciplinary hearing and for posting attacks online during work hours.
Shirvell had posted personal blogs where he attacked Chris Armstrong, the president of the Michigan Student Assembly. In his blog, Shirvell referred to Armstrong as a “radical homosexual,” a “Nazi,” and “Satan’s representative on the student assembly”.
Cox released a statement about Shirvell’s termination citing the following actions that Shirvell took that “repeatedly violated office policies, engaged in borderline stalking behavior, and inappropriately used state resources”
• Showed up at the home of a private citizen three times, including once at 1:30 a.m. That incident is especially telling because it clearly was about harassing Armstrong, not engaging in free speech.
• Further engaged in behavior that, while not perhaps sufficient to charge criminal stalking, was harassing, uninvited and showed a pattern that was in the everyday sense, stalking.
• Harassing Armstrong’s friends as they were socializing in Ann Arbor;
• Numerous calls to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office, Armstrong’s employer, in an attempt to slander Armstrong — and ultimately attempting to cause Pelosi to fire Armstrong;
• Attempting to “out” Armstrong’s friends as homosexual — several of whom were not gay.
Got a tip about a bad boss that eBossWatch should feature? Do you want to expose your toxic boss? Let us know! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org